Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Our (non-Twilight) nerdy night.

Wow, so it's been too long since I posted! I apologize for my slackerish ways.

My husband and I have sort of always had an understanding... I can nerd out about Twilight and Harry Potter and he can nerd out about his games. We both have no room to make fun of, taunt, tease or roll our eyes at each other because we both have hardcore hobbies/obsessions.

Just a little.
So today, November 9th was the release of Call of Duty Black Ops. 

Big fucking deal, for reallies.

Now, let me preface this by saying in October, the new Medal of Honor came out. He was excited, he had been waiting for a couple of years for the new one to come out. We went to the midnight release at Game Stop, he played it, he liked it, that was the end of it. Now, when I asked if we were going to the midnight release of Call of Duty Black Ops (COD), he looked at me like I was crazy. He all of the sudden got very serious and said, "babe, this is my Twilight." That statement packs quite a punch. At first I doubted his resolve. I gave him a look that said "You've got to be fucking kidding me," but apparently that was slightly offensive. He said, "I have been waiting for this game for a very long time, it's my favorite game, I've never missed one game, etc. etc. etc."...So I decided okay, he's right. I'll give it to him. I mean don't you go comparing Twilight to just anything, them's fighting words.

So we head to Game Stop at 10:30 PM last night and there is a big ass US Army truck with a TV in the back where people are playing the game on split screen, pretty cool!

This, my friends, is his Forks/Hogwarts

OMFG It's THE game before it's released!! OMGWTFBBQ!


The ironic thing? We were on an Air Force Base.
Talk about a sausage fest! There were nearly 100 guys all waiting around watching four other dudes play on a split screen in the back of a hummer. By the time midnight rolled around they formed us into two lines and efficiently started handing out the game!

OMG OMG OMG we are in line. ;)

I was the only wife there/taking pictures. Hope I
wasn't too embarrassing? 
Then the moment of truth comes.....

I know if this were Twilight related, I would
have had a squee face on!
At around 12:15 we get home and he played for a few hours, slept in, played for a few hours, ran into work, and is playing as we speak. :)

I made him pizza, got him a beer.... pretty sweet life, huh?
I'm happy that my husband and I have things that we, ahem, are passionate about. It makes us a lot more tolerant of each other's hobbies and interests. This is the man that went to the Breaking Dawn midnight release party with me back when it was first out, even though he had a minor outpatient surgery that day! He puts up with my Edward obsession and goes with me to all my movie midnight releases just because he knows how happy it makes me.....

Oh yeah, and even wore this shirt that I bought him for his birthday 2 years ago!!

Babe, you truly are my Edward...AND my Fifty.... ;)
So here's to being able to let your nerd flag fly! I fly it high and proud!

11 comments:

  1. Aww, I love your Nerdy Flag!!! :-) You and hubs are totes adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW that's a sweet man.. not too many men would support the obsession..including mine always has the rolling eyes...Give in to the passion that is Twilight...ps love HP too...you rock and I didn't know you also Blogged...sweet Love ya Double_Dippin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This posts makes me so happy. I am glad you both can give and take. It is refreshing to read. Do you have your own character so you can play with him??

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true love when you both do things to make each other happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dangrdafne, I have tried to play with him, but he is soooo ahead of me that I lose motivation. I'm a faithful spectator. ;)

    @Twi-Lin, I agree!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a GameStop on a military base? What wonderful glorious military base has this goodness? Lucky hubby!

    You two are too cute. Too cute.

    COD is a game I really, really, really want because the commercial is so frakkin' good. But I suck the big one at games. Maybe I'll buy it so I look cool to those who come by my house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, don't get me started on COD.... My eldest plays it non-stop :-(

    His XBox had the RRoD (red rings of death) last week after the latest mandatory update, and he was without for THREE WHOLE DAYS!!!! He was, to put it mildly, unbearable to live with during this time.

    It's fixed now, so his room will undoubtedly be full to the brim with his teenage friends again this weekend - all I can hear when I go up the stairs is gunfire and barked commands :-(

    And of course, Black Ops is on his Christmas List.....

    But, like your other followers, I freakin' LOVE it that you and your hubs can be so tolerant of one another's obsessions. That truly sounds like the basis of a long and happy marriage! :-)

    Glad you're back to updating your blog!

    (Did anyone else think of the RRoP when I mentioned the red rings of death? I had to stop smirking when my son told me about the acronym.....)

    CC x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you and your nerdy ways! Your hubs is adorable. Its awesome that you are supportive of each other. I wish my hubs was half as tolerant. Can't wait to meet your "Edward"! Love ya girlie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I flove that you two can understand each other's nerd obsessions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always good when couples understand each other's hobbies, obsessions, whatever. You too are both cute and yeah for your husband and his game!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys are so fucking adorable together. What a great looking couple.

    It's awesome that you both can understand each others obsession.

    And the last time I played Call of Duty, all I could do was make my character run in circles and die, with a very frustrated (and very COD obsessed) OPattz barking directions at me. It was... stressful. I prefer to just watch, too.

    ReplyDelete