Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A little (or not so little!) thing called eyebrows.

Eyebrows are one of the first things I notice about a person's face. I have my father's straight eyebrows and it's taken me 10 years of plucking to sort of figure them out. I envy people with flawless, symmetrical, shapely eyebrows... it's kind of a quirk.

Kinda reminds me of Spock....and Zachary Quinto as Spock. *drools*
Now, men, on the other hand, have been going out of control with the eyebrow plucking these days. I like my man very manly looking; chiseled features, strong nose, eyebrows that are not thinner and more shapely than mine. Same reason I don't like dudes with long hair, you are not supposed to be prettier than me!  I'm the girl in this relationship.

I make one long hair exception for Sons of Anarchy's Jax. Hot. Damn.
So, while going through my usual internet stalking, I was on Eclipse's IMDB site, because I NEED IT TO COME OUT NOW. The trivia sections are always my favorite to read because of the cool tid bits of info they give. Low and behold, look what I found under Eclipse trivia:


Whaaaat? Really? I was wondering why he had much, much bushier eyebrows in Eclipse as opposed to Twilight and New Moon, but "refused"? Was this a known fact that I missed?


Observe exhibit A, shapely, not too bushy, but not effeminate.
Observe exhibit B. Much more bushy.
WTF did he think they were going to do to him? Does he think the Twilight universe wants their Edward to look like this doucher?

I have no words for this atrocity.
I have nothing against a little cleaning up here and there on a man's eyebrows, but Jeezy Creezy, WTF is that? He looks like an orange martian. I didn't know people like this existed until I started watching "Jersey Shore"...they DO exist!.....yes I watch it.

Rob, I think you can have a little more trust. Yes, waxing stings and makes your eyes water a bit. I promise nobody will think you are crying. Or maybe they will, and they'll post all over the internet that you're a little pansy. But I'd never believe them, Rob, never.

7 comments:

  1. Eyebrows are a huge thing for me too. I obsess over mine everyday. I really love it when guys have nice eyebrows with a good shape. I loved how Rob looked with his all cleaned up in Twilight. It really brightens up his face and brings more attention to his chisled features. And it does help make him look younger. I don't like the bushier eyebrowed Edward as much.

    Ps. I used to shape my hubs brows, but it got monotinous, so I stopped. Thankfully he doesn't really need it. Now because of making this comment it's going to make me think about it so much that I'll probably start doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the first things I noticed about my hubs was his eyebrows, I love them! He could do a little clean up, but he has no desire to and I don't really care. I totally agree that Rob's face looked younger and more defined with something as simple as a little plucking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all are not alone I have an eye brow thing too. I actually always thought I had natural ok eyebrows myself and would only have to pluck a few stray hairs every so often. Then back in January I was at my stylist to get my hair colored because I was going to the Twilight Convention and meeting Peter Facinelli!!!! Anyways she talked me in to having my eyebrows waxed and I couldn't believe the difference it made! I don't know why I waited all these years. Now my friend who does my whoha lasering waxes my brows for me and she never charges me. She is awesome! :)

    I don't know why or exactly when it happens for most men and they all of the sudden start growing crazy eyebrow hair and hair out of their ears (gross)!!! When my husband was around 47 that happened to him. I believe it is a part of my wifely duties to help him out with this...so I keep his brows trimmed but he still has the manly look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Edward! I am OBSESSED with my eyebrows. I'm 100% Italian and by default I'm HAIRY.... I seriously look at / obsess about my brows hourly!!! LOVE THIS POST! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. True story Demanda has a bit of an eyebrow obsession. I literall have the tiniest eyebrows ever. When I say tiny, I mean they are short. And one time when I went to get them waxed, the lady said "your eyebrows are wrong. They're too short" so I was like "wtf bitch, I was born this way!!!" I didn't really say that, but in my mind I was yelling it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried getting my eyebrows waxed - once. I was NOT happy with the result - it just didn't work for me >:-(

    As a kid I almost had a unibrow - so now you know how hairy I really am [:-o] - but just the other week I discovered the joy that is THREADING - check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threading_(epilation)
    Not sure whether or not it's available in the USofA (I'd be surprised if it weren't), but we have little booths sprouting up all over the place here in the UK. It's cheap, relatively painless, and not restricted to eyebrows (for us women of a certain age YKWIM!).
    Personally, I think it wouldn't harm Rob to give that a try. Just a little tidy up of course ;-)
    CC x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhm, can we discuss Charlie Hunnam ("Jax") - he is glorious. I've been a fan of his since he was on the original "Queer As Folk" from the UK. If you haven't seen it, rent it, buy it. HAWT!

    I love me some Charlie.

    ReplyDelete